.

.

.

el sabroso oficio / del dulce mirar GóngoraWie schwer es ist, die Schönheit zu begreifen! Günter Eich

sábado, 28 de noviembre de 2015

Una fotografía icónica de Horst P. Horst y su trasfondo




Horst's iconic photograph of Madame Bernon in a corset by Detolle for Mainbocher, 1939

"It was the last photograph I took in Paris before the war. I left the studio at 4:00 a.m., went back to the house, picked up my bags and caught the 7:00 a.m. train to Le Havre to board the Normandie. We all felt that war was coming. And you knew that whatever happened, life would be completely different after. I had found a family in Paris, and a way of life. The clothes, the books, the apartment, everything was left behind. This photograph is peculiar - for me, it is the essence of that moment. While I was taking it, I was thinking of all that I was leaving behind."

Horst P. Horst



(Fotografía y texto en Sophia / skorver1 - Flickr)